The Radical Gap Year wants to help students . . .
- Pursue an intimate knowledge of God
- Establish solid biblical and theological foundations
- Critically evaluate worldviews through Scripture
- Become aware of global needs and God’s global purposes
- Become a disciple maker of the nations
- Relate personal gifting and opportunities to the church’s mission
- Develop and apply critical-thinking skills
- Make wise academic and vocational choices
- Establish healthy lifestyle practices and habits
- Identify and correct an ethnocentric approach to the Christian life
- Capture the strategic nature of how vocational choices relate to discipling the nations
- Encounter urgent spiritual and physical needs in local and global contexts
Life-on-life investment that focuses on students growing in the knowledge of Christ, discovering their full identity in Christ, so they might serve in the mission of Christ among all the nations. The Radical Gap Year is designed to cultivate young men and women who . . .
- Discipleship communities
- Interactive lectures
- Local community immersion and service
- International boot camp in South Asia
- Fellowship within the context of McLean Bible Church
- Interaction with global leaders like David Platt
- Personal study and peer interaction
The Radical Gap Year is a 9-month fellowship designed to assist high school graduates between the ages of 18 and 20 in becoming fully engaged disciples of Jesus Christ who will leverage all areas of their lives for the sake of God’s glory among all nations. To reach this goal, the program will focus on equipping students in all areas of life; including godly living, intellectual development, and daily responsibilities and life skills.
This fellowship is for students who have graduated from high school and are 18 - 20 years-old by September 1 of the year they enter the program.
Early enrollment applications for fall 2021 will open August 1, 2020 and close September 30, 2020. Regular enrollment applications for fall 2021 will open October 1, 2020 and close January 31, 2021. There is a $50 fee to apply. For questions regarding dates and deadlines, CONTACT US.
The 2021/22 Gap Year is being hosted by McLean Bible Church at their main campus located in Vienna, Virginia, just 17 miles from the nation’s capital in Washington, DC. Weekly program activities, outreach, and discipleship will be in and around the greater metropolitan area. Students will live near the McLean Bible Church Tysons Campus (Vienna, VA) and will be housed by gender, with 4–6 students of the same gender in a two- or three-bedroom apartment. Program supervisors will live nearby and will disciple, care for, and supervise students. The program also includes a 4-week trip to South Asia.
The total cost of the program is $16,700. This includes general program costs, housing/furnishings, study materials and print resources, some transportation in DC, and travel and most meals for the international mission trip.
The 9-month program has a total cost of $16,700* and is not tax-deductible. Below is a breakdown of that cost.
The program cost includes:
- Housing with furniture ($9,125*)
- Some travel within the city ($1,575*)
- 4 week International mission trip ($6,000*)
The program cost does not include:
- Food costs (est. $4,200*)
- Some travel within the city (est. $1575*)
- Travel to/from the program (start/end)
- Travel from/to program during Christmas Break
- Health Insurance
- Bedding for housing, personal care items, clothing + accessories etc.
- Travel Immunizations
- Passport Fees
* Amounts listed are not exact quotes and are subject to change.